Saturday, October 1, 2011

Easy Egg Scramble Saves the Day!




So today I lost track of time and before I knew it, it was lunch time and I had one very upset little girl. I put her in her highchair handed her a spoon and a Stonyfield Organic Yogurt. I knew this would not last her long so I had to think fast. I whipped open the fridge realizing that the only leftovers I had was the vegetarian tacos that we had for lunch yesterday. “What else did I have?” A little girl’s voice in the background repeating mom over & over again, made me think fast. I quickly heated up some Smart Balance Butter in a skillet, diced half an onion and a few mushrooms and added them to the skillet. I cooked them until the onions were clear. I added 1 cup of leftover Brown rice and 1 cup of Egg Beaters that Quad brought home from work. A quick scramble and added some Organic shredded cheddar. Voila! Lunch is saved and I have a very happy little girl and a healthy lunch for me too!

No comments: