Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Vision of my Future




A little while back I did a blog series on setting goals. So I wanted to touch back really quickly on what I do to set my goals. First at the beginning of the year I write down all the goals I would like to achieve that year. I Dream Big no goals is too big or out of my reach. I ask myself, “What would a perfect year look like?” From there I categorize them into groups. Then I choose my number 1 goal from each category. This way I ensure to myself that I am staying balanced. These groups include:
1. School
2. Emily’s Fitness Training
3. Philanthropy projects
4. Personal growth
5. Personal Fitness
6. Competition
7. Family
8. Fun
9. Spirituality
10. Friends
Once I have picked my top 10 I purge everything I will need to do to see that goal come to fruition. I then break it into 12 blocks (or less).
Then every month I reevaluate my goals for the year to see where I am and what I need to work on next so I can reach each goal. I set my goals for that month then I break them down once more by week. If I get done with that list I go back & add more to it. Sometimes things take longer sometimes they go a lot faster. Some are complicated (starting a charity to work with the Wounded Warrior Project) some are simple (read a novel for leisure). I keep my list everywhere and look at it several times a day. That way I am reminded of what I need to and I am not wasting time. Something very important for a busy mom.

No comments: