Monday, November 7, 2011

Herbal Decongestant Steam

So I woke up Friday morning with a terrible head & chest cold. Since I am not one for medicine I decided to try to kick it myself. I woke up this morning with a bit of a sore throat but I am good to go.
(***Disclaimer: I am not a doctor & cannot diagnose or heal this is just what works for me)
Wonder drug
#1: WATER!! And lots of it. Like a gallon.
#2: A herbal decongestant before upon waking & before bed. See my recipe below
#3- Ricola All natural lemon lozenges
#4 My daily vitamin pack of CoQ10, Vitamin C, Calcium, a Multi & Product B
#5 Simply OJ
#6 Sleep!

Herbal Decongestant Steam:
(not for those with weepy acne, rosacea, sunburn, sensitive skin or asthma)
3-4 c distilled or purified water
2 tsp peppermint or eucalyptus leaves
1 tsp comfrey or marshmallow root
1 tsp rosemary leaves
1 tsp thyme leaves
** mix as needed. In a med size pot, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat & add the herbs, cover & let seep 5 min. Place pan somewhere safe where you can sit comfortably for 10 min. Remove cover from pan. Drape a large bath towel over your head & shoulders & the steaming herbs to create a tent. With your eyes closed and your face 10-12 inches from the edge of the pot, breathe deeply & relax as you all the steam to reach deep into the sinus cavities, lung & throat.

To read more articles like this, check out my sister blog. DIY Trophy Wife

No comments: