Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!! Proving that I am alive

I can not believe that another year has flown by!  When they say time flies the older you get they are not kidding.  I had wonderfully relaxing day doing what I love.  The morning was spent coaching gymnastics at our Spring Camp.  Came home to snuggle into bed for a much needed and very rare nap. Woke up ready to checkoff bucket list item number 1 for the year, actually committing to try CrossFit at Wellington CrossFit. This was only my 2nd time. I had tried the class once before but did not go back. When I got home McKalyn sang Happy Birthday over a cup of celebratory Mousse Tracks Ice Cream. At around 9:30pm her and I cuddled into bed for a somewhat restful night's sleep.

The The 8's are usually a turning point year for me and I have a feeling 38 will be no different.  Being 38 gives me only 2 years to check off some bucket list items I want to achieve before I hit 40.  I have decided to take these next 2 years to enjoy being alive and doing things that are scarey, physically challenging or that I just plain do not want to put off any more.  I am especially focusing on things that I may not be able to do later in life. I do not want to look back and wish I had tried something or feel that I missed out.  I am a huge procrastinator, not because I am afraid to do things but because I am forgetful. That is why I have such an extensive planner system. For my birthday I have promised  myself to check one item off  a week.  I have already scheduled my bucket list items into my planner so that I will be sure to stay on track somewhat, life permitting. 

On a more fun note, I am also going through my Pinterest and selecting one activity a week (or so) to try.  Why am I pinning all these cool and amazing things and not doing them?  It is like virtual hording! Check DIY Trophy Wife later this weekend for a peek inside my planners and my Pinterest challenge and my life.  

No comments: