Saturday, June 23, 2012

Under Armour Split II Women's Running Shoe

About a year ago I started working with Under Armour and I have been impressed with everything I own so far. My most recent purchase, the Women's Split II has lived up to my expectations. I have been training (not so successfully) to run a half-marathon since January. Due to the damage in my knees and chronic back pain, training can be very difficult. I need to be very careful not to over train and rest when I need to. I also need to make sure I replace my shoes often and only train in the correct type of shoes. Receiving 4.5 stars out of 5 for being on the of the best high mileage shoes I thought it best that I give them a try. These incredibly light shoes were comfortable even when I first put them on. I have high arches and was pleasantly surprised that the soles not only reached my arch but hit it in the right spot. When I first started my run I did notice some slipping in my heels that worried me some. I have very thin feet so blisters can often be a problem. However, everything turned out ok. Through my 5-mile run I had very little pain in my knees or back which was wonderful! I could actually feel their claim of the "Revolutionary Micro G® foam mid-sole delivers light, low, ultra-responsive performance cushioning for enhanced stability and comfort". My heels felt as if they had a spring propelling me forward. My only complaint was the claim of Heatgear, though I did get the dark grey pictured. It was about 90 degrees and my feet were ob fire when I got home. I am thinking the white or a brighter color would have been a better choice. Over all I give these shoes a 9 out of 10 and am happy with my purchase!!

No comments: