Thursday, December 1, 2011

Water: The Wonder Drug

What if you could have one food that was magic and it could cure you off all your aliments? Well ok it’s not a food and it can’t cure everything. But it is pretty amazing stuff…water. We already know from science class that our bodies are made of 75% water. We can live without water longer than we can live without food. Not getting enough water can lead to excessive thirst, fatigue, dehydration, headaches, dizziness, muscle failure, and a build-up of toxin in the body due to lack of urination and well can cause constipation.

So how much water do you need? Well it depends on who you talk to. Honestly it really depends on you and what your body needs. I am a dry person, I have dry skin, dry hair, dry nails; I need the water. I crave it. I drink about a gallon every day. I am also very possessive of my water. My daughter is the same way. Forget juice or milk, she wants water. The girl would drink the bathtub if I let her. The general rule is no less that 8-10oz glasses a day and more if you exercise, or live hot or dry climates. If you drink coffee, soda, tea or alcohol you need to add additional water equal to the amount you are drinking. For instance for a 16 oz coffee you need to add 16 oz of water on top of your 8 glasses. Other influences on you water needs are medications, illness, and pregnancy. All three require more water.

This week try to add more water my drinking a glass every hour. You will be amazed on how great you feel!


http://www.isagenix.com/us/en/isawater.dhtml

2 comments:

GrandeGordo said...

I totally agree. I'm going to grab one right now. Thanks you just made me thirsty!!!

Unknown said...

You got it!