Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why I love my Midwestern Thighs!

Nate Berkus made a very accurate statement this morning. He said that when men wake up and look in the mirror they see everything they like about themselves. When women wake up and look at themselves they pick apart everything wrong with themselves. This is a crisis of the American Culture. Why are women too hard on themselves? The funny thing is, and my husband agrees, guys don’t like really skinny girls! So why do women what to be so skinny? Guys like imperfections so why do we try so hard to be perfect? It is for the approval of other women who to be quite honest, are too worried about what they look like to care about what you look like. It is about time we change this pattern. So next time you get out of the shower and look in the mirror about everything that is wrong look at everything that is right! Time for me to get a little TMI here…. I have always been small chested and have been mildly self-conscious about it my entire life. Well, as many women have experienced, after I had my daughter what I did have well… deflated. I could spend time starring at myself in the mirror obsessing or I can remember the wonder of what purpose they served. I was able to nourish my daughter to give her the best health she could possibly have. And when she spent the 1st 2 weeks of her life it in NIC unit I strongly believe that it was because I was there every 3 hours to make sure she got what she needed that she was able to fight off every illness she has been faced with since. At 21 months old she has had 2 mild fevers and the stomach flu once. I have what my husband calls Midwestern thighs but as Shakeria said, “I can run for cover when I need to.” Find 3 things you normally consider flaws and tell me why you should love them!

No comments: