Friday, May 7, 2010

Getting my head on straight

I guess when they say eating poorly becomes a habit they weren't kidding. I can now empathise with those that struggle with changing their eating habits. For the majority of my pregnancy my diet consisted of butter and noodles. Any carb that was soft and easy to digest. I have now been not pregnant for over a month and my diet still looks the same. I have a freezer full of glorious vegetables and I have yet to touch them. I forget that they are there. My daily diet consists mostly of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cheese and crackers.

So what am I going to do about it? I am going to set some goals, small goals just to make it through the week. I am going to write them down as a reminder too look at every day and I am going to tell others so that I am held accountable.

This week I will have at least 3 vegetables a day and drink 3 liters of water a day. I will also get in some kind of exercise daily even if only for 30 minutes and I have to carry a crying baby the entire time in order to get it in.

No comments: