Saturday, January 19, 2013

My New Exercise Addiction



As with my 1st pregnancy, once I found out I was expecting I cut my exercise routine WAY back in order to give my body a rest and respect the fact that I was absolutely exhausted.  I listen to my body and since it took every ounce of energy I had to get through the day, I limited my routine to a 30 minute walk 3 days a week and daily stretching.  Now that I am in my second trimester, my energy is back and am ready to workout again. However, with this already showing belly and now slightly unconditioned body, I have absolutely no desire to go back to my previous pre-pregancy routine.  I am following Dr orders and not lifting anything over 25lbs (well except McKalyn).  Don't worry I have no intention of letting myself turn into a couch potato. 

Barre Classes!!!
Barre is a dancer based toning program designed to hit your core, butt, legs and arms. As you would guess, you stand at a ballet barre or if you are at home behind a high backed chair and focus on each body part at a time.  For the arms you will need 2 sets if weights between 1-5 lbs.  (perfect for me) Sounds not so hard right?  Yeah ok.  Have you seen a dancer's body? 

You can find me at my new Barre home, Flybarre Boca Raton, (where I hope to be teaching soon).  Or practicing at home in my new to-be studio. 

Not near a Barre Studio? No problem! Here are some moves you can borrow and try at home courtesy of Self Magazine.

No comments: